Thursday, April 09, 2009

Long Time Coming

I can't believe that it has been so long since my last posting however my time has been full of other projects, children, and letting go on my mind.

Two weeks ago we gave our dear Melvyn away to a woman that my Dad works with. She is a wonderful pet lover and I know he will get plenty of attention and love from her not to mention he has a new 110 lbs doggie friend. Melvyn will no longer be the biggest animal of the house. She continues to give us updates and Melvyn really sounds like he has adjusted well. Who would of thought that me, the non cat lover, would love this cat so dang much! I cried for two days and I'm not ashamed to say so. We had Melvyn before Samuel was here and was our beginning of our marriage, five years of ownership is bound to get you attached to what ever may be living in your home. Although he runs across my mind on a daily basis still, I don't miss the hair and I don't miss the cat box (don't worry Joel was cleaning it so I didn't have to). Since then I have washed pillow shams, duvet covers/quilts, throw blankets and have swept and mopped thoroughly which amazingly enough has stopped Isaac's chronic eye watering. All and all it is the best for all of us. A cat box is not hidden easily and can be exhausting keeping little children from it and there will be less time for Melvyn love once new baby #3 comes in September. That is my ode to Melvyn, a wonderful, affectionate and all around great cat! We'll miss you.




I have been trying to start our first veggie garden but the weather just refuses to give me the time to till and plant my potatoes, my second row of onions and lettuce. IMPOSSIBLE thus far, but am hoping for more steady weather within the coming weeks.

Our most recent excursion was a trip to the Moon Marble Factory where we saw first hand how beautiful marbles are made. Samuel enjoyed watching the torch as it heated up the glass, but Isaac could only keep interested for so long. They also said that they would prefer pictures without flash which is why I don't have any. It gets more difficult to take pictures when you have to hold a baby in one hand while pushing the stroller for another. :o) Here is a picture of the marbles that we purchased.
They had walls of marbles to choose from and Sam thought it was especially cool that he could pick any marble he wanted and put it in a tube. Mommy had to give him a little instruction because he wanted to pick only one kind of marble and fill his tube up with all the same ones. I explained that he could pick marbles off of this whole wall and then his eyes lit up even more. Maybe when we go back with Daddy I can have a free hand to take more pictures of the place.

This past weekend project was tiling the back part of our house that makes up the laundry room and mud room. Finally! A new, clean, pleasing to look at floor. Joel and I just finished putting up new baseboard, so painting that and the ceiling will wrap up this weekends worth of projects.



Easter pictures later this week!

1 comment:

brookie said...

So, I found your blog. Your boys are so cute. Where is this marble place?