Thursday, January 04, 2007

Many Firsts



I can't believe how big my little boy looks sitting up in Great Grandpa Ledom's barber chair! Didn't cry one drop, but loved Grandpa brushing off his neck, and giving his look of approval while Grandpa styles his hair just right. The most he tried to do was look and see what the heck that buzzing thing was, and why exactly Great Grandpa was bringing it closer to his head.

Today at the doctor's office I really found out what a big boy Samuel is becoming. He now weighs in at 18 lbs and 9 oz, and is 28 1/2" long. Whoo Weee. Some of his newest tricks are reaching for me, getting up on all fours and rocking (trying to get a taste of sweet carpet cruising victory), and when I fake cry giving his mommy love by laying his head down on mine. Daddy is a little heart broken that when he tries to do this trick Sam just stares then gives a great big smile. The saddest part of our break ending is having to put Sam in day care, and well I like to think that putting him into a Montessori school is a better choice. Sam is surely to only benefit from this experience and will make him a more well rounded infant (if that's possible for babies). With Sam becoming a big boy he has outgrown many outfits and many toys. The Bumbo chair only irritates him, his swing doesn't offer the thrill it once did, and here shortly I believe his coveted JumpeRoo will also be put away. He now loves his free sitting Independence from his new "low chair" yes "low chair" not "high chair." His new chair from Grandma keeps the one bedroom apartment less crowded and the chance to have Sam sit where ever we are sitting.
Here I tried to get a shot of Sam admiring himself in the new monkey mirror that his Auntie Jen gave him for Christmas, but this is the best that I could come up with. Sorry! It is amazing that once you are a parent the amount of different emotions you have to go through. I am thrilled that he is learning new tricks and is becoming independent, but also heart broken that a little bit each day he is preparing to leave me to find out who he really is, and what he is all about. I smile, yet tears well up in my eyes at the exact same time...who would of thunk? My days are all melded together and I try desperately to capture all the memories on my camera or camcorder, yet I know so many more are slipping right through my fingers. These pictures are my attempts to freeze time. Moments that I can always go back to, to remember his sweet little voice, his excitement in his JumpeRoo, and our relaxing bath times. I can't stop time, but I'll cling to these fond memories and close my eyes; then for maybe an instant I can hold my little boy once more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures!! I miss that sweet little man so much! His sweet smiles in the a.m. and his snuggling into my bathrobe. I understand your sentiments. I too long for my sweet little girl to lay her head on my shoulder and hug me with her soft little pop-it-bead arms. Unfortunately, time keeps marching... but there is always something new and exciting around the corner.