Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Resolution




My goodness it really has been, what seems, decades since my last posting. I have been refreshed and am ready to keep up with this blogland more often. It is hard for me to recall what my last post was and I think I left off with Sam's first snow...we'll pick up from there. Joel and I were fortunate enough to be afforded an eleven day stay back in our hometown of Olathe, Kansas. That has been our longest gaunt back to the Midwest since I joined the Navy almost four and a half years ago; and although it was the longest, it seemed just like our shortest previous trips. When you don't live in the same state with most of your family it seems like everyday is filled with something to do, or people to see, which is fun and great company, but wouldn't it be great just to be able to sit and not worry about what you are going to be doing the following day? That is what inevitably makes the time go by so dang fast no matter how many days you visit. All and all we had a lovely time, and were spoiled to the point that there were only a few straggling items left on our Christmas wish lists. Samuel was bombarded with mounds of adorable new outfits, toys that light up, play music, talk to you, shoot balls in the air, and the all time classics of the plastic giant beads, and wooden blocks. Needless to say, we are going to be forced to be members of a Sam's club or a Cosco, just so we can buy batteries in bulk to keep up with the ever evolving electronic toys that has our son expressing his approval through a multitude of "oooo's." And I will have to leave you with that for tonight because there is so much more to write about but I will post the Christmas photos and will continue with the story tomorrow night.


No comments: