Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Thankfulness

Ooooo, did someone say food?! mamma's little man now babbles away at just about everything; whether it's his friends visiting him at his "crib", or Mr. Potato head, he always has the most interesting conversations with. I quietly listen and am amazed at how much my Samuel has learned in these few 4 and a half months. Sam is constantly showing his independence by protesting sitting in his swing for more than 15 minutes, or wanting to be held 24/7. If he is not rolling around the house or kicking his legs frantically (peddling his imaginary tri-cycle) then he is fast asleep in my protective embrace. I am overjoyed by watching him learn new things and act in different ways, but when it's time to rest I find a calming peace with my babe in my arms. All that was noisy and active is now dreaming about the heavens and the beauty that awaits us all. I look down on the top of that fuzzy, chick down, hair of his and kiss him lightly so that I don't disturb him. I listen to his steady breaths, and feel his soft skin against mine, and wonder if there could be anything better than the miracle I made. I want to try and capture each moment of his progressive childhood and store the memories where they are not to be forgotten. I never knew that growing up to become an adult could be so wonderful. Joel and I have really made a nice home, out of an apartment, and are doing great with what we have. I am truly thankful for such a loving, supportive husband, a little man that melts my heart daily, and of course a loving family back on the home front of Kansas. Without the guidance and discipline of my family, MY family would not be where it is now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

REading your words brought tears to my eyes. Aww.. my baby has discovered the incredible love,the incredible miracle that God let her have a part of. It is such an awe inspiring time. You and Joel and Samuel are such a cute family. You are doing so well, and we are so incredibly proud of you. Never forget that "you" didn't create that precious baby by yourself... and I don't mean Joel :0) Yes, he to had a part of it, but the true creator is our heavenly Father. How could anyone not believe in God when they are looking at the face of a baby??? All those things you think about Sam- well, I still think those things about you. Sure I can't hold you in my arms and rock you to sleep anymore, but that deep feeling of protector never goes away no matter how old your baby gets. I have to say that seeing these new pictures of Sam make my heart ache to see him and hold him. I can't bare the thought of him growing one day older without me being able to kiss him and tell him what joy he has brought into my life. I can't wait until you are out of the navy and can come home!!!!
Love you guys all so much!
Mom/gma :0)

Anonymous said...

amber we need more pics please! haha Sam is adorable! cant wait to see him again. hows everything going?

love you lots,

kathy L. =)