Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chuggin' Along...


... trying to patiently wait for springtime weather. Much easier said than done!

A three part series:

Mommy, you're so funny

I want to eat your face

Okay, THAT'S enough!

I don't know why but blogger finally decided to let me upload my pictures for my chandelier project, YAY! So here we go...
This is a project that I've had done for a while but I thought that I'd share with you how I turned my ugly chandelier shades into a wonderful springy look. 

Step 1: Gather ugly lamp shades, glue gun, glue sticks, scissors, and painters drop cloth



 Step 2: Start applying very hot glue around the base of your lamp shade and roll fabric- taking care to pull tight. Fold drop cloth under on the bottom and in on the top.

Please ignore my half dressed chandelier decorations from Christmas, I took these pictures over many days. :-) 
A couple almost finished pictures- the underside of the shade doesn't make for pretty decor, so it needed something extra.


Doesn't it give a wonderful fresh spring look?


I found some ruffled ribbon in white and hot glued around the inside base. 
Add some springy garland, some birds nests with eggs, a few fabulous mirrored ornaments, and.... WHA-LA! A fabulous springtime chandelier.




No comments: