Thursday, March 10, 2011

Time to Pick up Poop and Other Stuff......

Yeah, I said it. After an entire winter of letting two dogs go out and tend to their business, it is time to go pick up the many land-mines in my yard so that the family can enjoy the swing set and run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Gardening is right around the corner and I can't wait to get my hands dirty!! I have to do some reconfiguring around my garden border to keep my new goldendoodle O-U-T! Tulips are about 2" out of the ground and other tiny greens are popping up all over the place. Other than the soft quiet that a fresh blanket of snow brings, the next inspiring time for me is all the signs of life in spring. (By the way, you don't capitalize seasons for those of you that may be saying "she should have capitalized that"- learned that in my business English class (yes, you do capitalize English)). Back on track- okay.

I thought I would show you my fabulous finds from last weekend. It was my aunt's birthday and I was lovingly included in her and my mom's adventures that day. 
(DISCLAIMER: locations of where I found these items are to be remained secret. I'm selfish because I can be. :-)) 

Isn't it wonderful?
I love my new restaurant ware plates. Vintage goodness at its best!

An old camera- dusted with age, that awesome owl trivet (which I'm going to spray paint an amazing color)

Everyone needs an old pulley- isn't it fabulous?! I love the metal adornment that is barely nailed on. Here is a close-up. 


This is an old bottle that had been cut down and filed for a smooth rounded finish so to be used as a drinking tumbler glass. My new favorite thing to drink out of!

See my vintage camera fits perfectly into my cubbie shelf. L-O-V-E

Anyway, it was a fabulous day with two of my favorite ladies. I'm looking forward to a week of no commitments this following week. Spring break will begin after Friday. No classes for me, no homework, just time to do what I want to do- knit, jewelry, digging in the dirt! Hope you have a great weekend, I'll be rooting on my Jayhawks in the Big 12 tourney. Pop open a cold one and eat some junk food with me. ;-) Happy munching!

Cheers~
Amber

No comments: